Monday, July 27, 2009

New Adjustments

Today started a period of adjustments in our house. I started going to work in my classroom. One reason is because I need to, but the other reason is so that Aydyn can get used to Papa watching him. Aydyn was good for Papa today. Tonight, however, he has been clingy and cranky. On top of a cranky two month old, Krystian got a "big boy" bed. Its just a regular twin bed with brand new Superman sheets, but still it isn't his little toddler bed with a crib mattress anymore. As soon as my father-in-law set it up, Krystian climbed up like a big boy. He said that he was ready for bed. Well, he thought he was ready for bed. As soon as Jake tucked him into bed, Krystian started calling for me. Thus began a long fight to get Krystian to go to sleep. Jake finally had to lay in bed with Krystian until he fell asleep.

I love my boys, but these nights alone are stressing me out. I am trying to read The Love Dare, but it is really hard to read a book about learning to love when you want that love reciprocated. I got through the first dare which was patience. The second dare, kindness, has me stumped. I am kind to Jake, aren't I? I mean, I don't bug him while he is sleeping. I try my hardest not to irritate him. Tonight, the kindness definitely was not there. Krystian was spraying his room for monsters. (That's another story.) The spray bottle wasn't working so I was messing with the nozzle and spraying it. I squirted Jake who was holding Aydyn, and he said, "That's why I put it on mist." I must admit I yelled, "The mist wasn't working. That is the only thing that is working." My patience and my kindess were not there. This Love Dare thing is harder than I thought.

So those are our new adjustments. I will let you know how they go.

No comments:

Post a Comment