Friday, July 31, 2009

Food

Here is something to make you laugh. Krystian has ALWAYS been a wonderful eater. When I was pregnant with him, I would eat spinach salads for lunch as well as fruit and other health junk. His favorite food is a tomato. He could eat an entire raw tomato by himself. But that isn't the point. Just know that he is a great eater.

When we picked Krystian up from daycare today, I had to wait for Krystian to finish eating his afternoon snack. The snack consisted of half of an ice cream sandwich, goldfish crackers, and a cup of Kool-Aid. Now as a force of habit, I usually bring Krystian a cup of juice when I pick him up. The reason?! He usually has been playing outside in the South Carolina heat when I actually get there from work. Today, Jake and I had been out all afternoon and did not bring a cup of juice. There was, however, a Capri Sun in the front seat. My smart son saw the drink and decided he must have it (even though it had been sitting in the car and the heat for 2 days). I reluctantly gave Krystian the Capri Sun. As we were riding, I heard, "These are apples." (He was pointing to the Capri Sun.) "No," I said, "They are grapes." (It was a grape Capri Sun.) Always thinking with his stomach, Krystian said, "Grapes?! I want to eat them." There was only a matter of about 5 minutes between the time he finished his snack at daycare and the time that he uttered these words.

I love that Krystian is a great eater. (The only thing that Krystian really does not eat is meat. It has to be chicken nuggets or a hot dog for him to eat meat.) I can only hope and pray that Aydyn is half as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment