Monday, September 7, 2009

A Month of News

There has been a bunch of going on since I last wrote. After Aydyn came close to being hospitalized, Krystian had a cold which became pneumonia. All of this happened during my first week back at work. Our principal broke her ankle that week as well. She still is not back, but as a school we are managing the best we can. Our office staff are doing a fantastic job.

Work is going well. We originally were told that we would have a class of 30+ kids, but that has slowly dwindled. My largest class has 26 students in it which is nice because we do a science experiement on Tuesday. My days start early like 5 am. I drop Aydyn off with my parents and take Krystian to daycare. Then I am at work by 7 am to get ready for students at 7:40 am. My first science class begins at 8 am so I have to be on point.

My dad has had a really bad cough for awhile, month or more. He finally went to the doctor who said it was congestive heart failure and reflux. He was put on medicine and has had a complete diet change. He has a new test on Wednesday which the cardiologist will need whenever he follows up with one. Depending on what the cardiologist says, I may have to find a daycare for Aydyn. I like my free grandparents' daycare, but it isn't worth risking my dad's life.

The biggest news of all! Jake FINALLY got a promotion. He is in training to be a co-manager at Bi-Lo. We don't know in which Bi-Lo he'll be placed, but he will be going somewhere. What does this mean? Well, much needed money, but also longer hours for him and more of the boys by myself. It has been an adjustment, but knowing that my husband is sleeping beside me every night is worth it. We're praying that Jake will be put in a Florence store. :) That's news for now. It was enough because I was a slacker. I'm going to enjoy my Labor Day with Krystian and Aydyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment